Thursday 21 March 2013

From A Pack To A Top Loader: A Day With The Cup Chris Kelly

Today on my lunch break I decided to see if the card shop near my work was able to get in a box of 2011-2012 Upper Deck Series One for me. Unfortunately they were unable to get a box for me but they were able to get four Blasters which I was more than happy to crack.

I was excited because I have only cracked 3 packs of this product and I intend on completing the set. Out of the blasters I got a bunch of base, a few canvas cards, a Byfuglien and Kopitar jersey card and a few forgettable young guns. The real hit of the blasters was the "Day with the Cup" insert of Chris Kelly.


I was amazed at the book value of this card and instantly had the friendly neighborhood shop owner put it in a top loader for me. Apparently the "Day with the Cup"cards are really short printed and are found in 1:1000 hobby packs, 1:2500 retail packs and 1:5000 blaster packs.

This card is for trade so if you are interested or know someone who is please feel free to contact me. I am looking for many things and am open to hearing all offers.

-CBC

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Out of a retail blaster? That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY nice! I know these were an extremely tough pull, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on an amazing pull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd sell it. I think I got $75 for the Chara "Day with the Cup" card I pulled last year.

    ReplyDelete